In a city where traffic clogs roadways and drivers spend over 35% of travel time in idle, the Peninsula Bangkok’s prime location on the Chao Phraya River is very convenient. From The Peninsula, you can hire a long-tail boat to see the sights from the riverfront dock. Alternatively, take one of the complimentary hotel boats to a designated stop along the river and avoid the congested roads. In Bangkok, travelling by river saves time and offers unique views of the city.
In addition to the riverfront location, stunning views, and amenities you would expect from an award-winning luxury hotel, here are a few more reasons to stay at The Peninsula Bangkok hotel.
A series of connected pools lead from the spa to the rivers edge and provide a front row seat to the unforgettable sights and sounds of the Chao Phraya River. Recline in a comfy lounge chair and watch the action or chill out in one of 12 traditional Thai salas. Food and drinks are available throughout the day.
The Peninsula Academy
The Peninsula Academy program offers hotel guests historical, cultural and local lifestyle experiences designed for adults and children. Reserve your own experience or send your kids to the kitchen to cook with the Peninsula Bangkok’s Pastry Chef.
Access to Asiatique The Riverfront Night Market
The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel guests can book a return trip on one of the hotel shuttles to Bangkok’s hip Asiatique The Riverfront night market for dinner, drinks, and shopping.
The River Cafe & Terrace Breakfast Buffet
Fuel up for a day of sightseeing or playtime in the pool at The Peninsula Bangkok’s River Cafe and Terrace breakfast buffet. Enjoy a traditional Thai coffee with Carnation milk, tropical fruit, authentic Thai dishes, and more conventional breakfast offerings.
- If you are traveling with a family, contact The Peninsula Bangkok and inquire about the Peninsula Family Moments package offering room discounts and more.
- The Peninsula Bangkok is 39 km from Suvarnabhumi Airport, and this can be a long trip in traffic. I suggest you book a hotel car from the airport to The Peninsula Bangkok. It’s a more comfortable ride and you know how much you will be charged.
- Contact The Peninsula Bangkok at this email address – [email protected]
- When you visit Bangkok, ask the hotel concierge about exploring Bangkok by long-tail boat. It was an incredible experience.
- We’ve travelled throughout Thailand on Bangkok Airways and are impressed with the service. Read about our experience with Bangkok Airways here. You might also enjoy reading about flying on Asiana Airlines, SWISS, and Cathay Pacific Airlines because these carriers fly into Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK).