While the boys devoured Nutella crepes and hot chocolate prepared with milk from local dairy farmers, my husband and I sipped Prosecco and worked through the substantial Delightful Breakfast for Two. Temporary distractions from the 2,000+ m mountain peaks surrounding our breakfast table at Frööd Restaurant in Austria’s Vorarlberg province.
Located at 1680 m, the views and regionally-inspired cuisine at Frööd Restaurant provide summer hikers with a delightful (and decadent) start to a day in the alpine.
Breakfast at Frööd Restaurant
Breakfast offerings at Frööd Restaurant include combinations like our Delightful Breakfast for Two with Prosecco, orange juice, cappuccinos, assorted breakfast meats, cheese, smoked salmon, eggs, and pastries. Or you can order individual menu items, i.e., crepes, scrambled eggs, muesli, etc.
Explore the Natursprünge Trail After Breakfast at Frööd Restaurant
After indulging in breakfast at Frööd Restaurant, the nearby Natursprünge trail provides ample opportunity to expend some energy.
Eleven interactive learning stations located along the 4 km Natursprünge trail cover the Brandnertal region’s ecology including the forest, water, and insects. Experience a miniature rock slide, learn about mountain weather, and test your knowledge of the alpine environment. It is an exceptional experience. The boys were racing along the Natursprünge trail to find the next learning station.
How to Get to Frööd Restaurant
Begin in Brand, a charming mountain village in Vorarlberg, Austria’s westernmost province. From here, ride the central Dorfbahn cable car to the Panoramabahn aerial tramway station. Then take the Panoramabahn aerial tram up to the mountain station. From here, follow a short trail to breakfast at Frööd Restaurant.
For more of a challenge, you can the skip aerial tram, and hike to Frööd Restaurant via the Natursprünge trail. The hike up to Frööd Restaurant will take about two hours. If you have young children, you can rent wagons (with blankets) for use on the trail (and in the tram) after you exit the Dorfbahn cable car.
After dining at Frööd Restaurant, follow the Natursprünge trail back to the cable car and ride back to the Brand.
Good to Know – Breakfast at Frööd Restaurant
- Breakfast is available from 8:30-10:00 am. The restaurant is open throughout the day. Be sure to check the Frööd Restaurant website before you plan your visit. Children up to 5 years eat for free.
- Choose to dine on Frööd Restaurant’s expansive outdoor terrace or inside the light-filled dining area. Both options provide spectacular views of the Brandernatal region in Vorarlberg, Austria.
- A Brandnertal Card, offering free or reduced prices on recreational activities and local transportation, is available at hotels in Brand, Austria. Learn more about the Brandnertal Card at the tourist office (Mühledörfle 71, Brand, Austria) or online.
- Frööd Restaurant holds the AMA Gastrosiegel “Vorarlberg” certification awarded for using local products.
We love vacationing in Vorarlberg, Austria. The following articles provide more information on this gorgeous corner of Austria –
- Fabulous Things to Do in Bregenz, Austria
- A Luxury Alpine Escape at Burg Vital Resort
- Creature Cuddles & Alpine Joy – Llama Trekking in Vorarlberg, Austria
- Planning a Summer Vacation in Europe? Vorarlberg, Austria is Fabulous
- Family Hiking in Lech Zürs am Arlberg, Austria